Random Read (2)

Thursday 3 May 2012

Random Reads

Sadly I didn't get to read my Random Read - Divergent - last month because I couldn't get hold of it but I am going to try harder this month. 
Random Reads is a monthly meme hosted by I'm Loving Books
The point of it is to read those books on your TBR pile that you probably would never get to otherwise. You know the ones that you put off again and again thinking I will read these soonwhen really you know that you will most likely NEVER get to them. 

Want to join in?
1) If you’re on Goodreads enable sorting to your to-read shelf (you should see numbers next to each book now).
2) Go to Random.org and type in the Min as 1 and the Max as how many ever books are on your to-read shelf.
3) Scroll down to the book matching the number Random.org picks.
4) Link up to your Random Reads post at I'm Loving Books.



My Random Read this week is Specials by Scott Westerfield. I've been meaning to read this for ages and my library has it so I should be able to read it very soon! I don't know if you noticed but my TBR list has been highly reduced from 299 to 98. I did a bit of spring cleaning :)


Specials (Uglies, #3)Synopsis"The Specials used to be a sinister rumor - frightening beautiful, dangerously strong, breathtakingly fast.  Now Tally's become one of them: a superamped fighting machine, engineered to keep Uglies down and Pretties stupid. The strength, the speed and the clarity of her new powers feel amazing... most of the time. One tiny corner of Tally's heart still remembers something different. When she's offered the chance to stamp out the rebels of the New Smoke, she is forced to make one last choice: carry out the mission, or listen to that faint yet persistent heartbeat telling her that something's wrong..."

What's your Random Read this week? Tell me about it!
Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

3 People dared to comment.:

Reviewing Shelf said...

Only 98!! How did you do that?

Great random pick. Happy reading.


http://reviewingshelf.wordpress.com/2012/05/04/random-reads-2-the-man-with-no-secrets-by-felicity-heathcote/

Lianne said...

Ooh, nice one! I love that whole series. The Specials are so cool in a terrifying kind of way.

Gaby G said...

I also have been clearing my tbr shelf. I now have 120 books :)

Good luck with your reading!
My Random Reads @ Oh My Books!

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.