Unearthly By Cynthia Hand

Sunday 6 May 2012


Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)
Cover Rating: 2.5/5 Stars
Overall Rating: 4/5 Stars
Synopsis: In the beginning, there’s a boy standing in the trees . . .
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she’s part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn’t easy. Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there’s another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara’s less angelic side. As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she’d have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny? 



From the start Unearthly grabbed me and pulled me into Clara's world, after Fallen I was hesitant about angel books but this most definitely changed my opinion. I love the story line - an angel trying to fulfill her purpose; Genius! I think Cynthia Hand has quickly become another of my favorite authors. I admit the book got slightly slow in the middle and the end got confusing but I still liked it. Clara was quite a good heroine and she hasn't done anything that makes me hate her - yet. Oh the boys. At the start I loved Christian, he seemed perfect but I slowly realized that he was so perfect it was kind of boring. So I turned to Tucker. My first opinion of him? A country hick. After I got to know him? A cute, sweet, awesome country hick. I must say the cowboy part of him put me off at first but I got over it.

The minor characters I didn't like as much; Angela was just annoying, Wendy boring and her mother I'm still undecided on. Her brother Jeffery was okay though there is something off about him, what it is I guess I will see in the second book. Cynthia Hand's writing was spellbinding and kept me entertained. I haven't had that much time to read this week so it took me a while to finish and the ending was definitely a shock. I would recommend this to angel/paranormal lovers. If you disliked Fallen or even Hush Hush don't be deterred. I can't decide if I liked this more than Hush Hush because I just love Patch! I would give this book 4/5 Stars; very nearly a 4.5.


My Favorite Quote:
“Insert the biggest, most awkward silence in the history of big awkward silences.”
 
Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

0 People dared to comment.:

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.