Musing Monday (7)

Monday 30 April 2012

Hi guys! It's Monday... not the day that brings the best out in me (to say the least) but at least I get to have my first go at 'Musing Monday'.

So the question for today is: Do you listen to audiobooks? If not, why not? And, if so, what has been one of your favourite, so far?


My Answer: Well this question was obviously made for me! I LOVE AUDIOBOOKS!! <3 Sadly it's been quite a while since I've listened to one although I can remember when I was little I'd go to the library and take out an audiobook.. then spend the next three weeks listening to it over and over... never once did I get bored of it. Unlike some of the people who have also answered this question I've never had a problem with the whole 'zoning out' thing and my favourite time to listen to them is when I go to sleep (weird huh?).

My favourite audiobook? Well my the first one that comes to mind is 'The Princess Diaries' from when I was about 9 years old, I loved the fact that Anne Hathaway even did all the voices, but thinking of all the audiobooks I would say 'Lola Rose' by Jacqueline Wilson was my all time favourite. Now I'm not a particular fan of Jacqueline Wilson as I think that all her books are depressing (would it kill her to write an actual happy book?) but this book for some reason completely grabbed me! I recall I renewed that audiobook at least twice before my mother forced me to return it, so I went and bought the book and read that instead... now I'm thinking that I totally have to start listening to audiobooks again!

So whats your answer? Share your link with me or tell me in the comments if you don't have a blog.
Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

2 People dared to comment.:

Anonymous said...

This is so true! I always listened to audiobooks as a child, I absolutely loved them! I had a passion for listening to the new books I had read on audiobook, it was fascinating and interesting to listen and just imagine. Yes the books were good, but especially when I was sleepy an audiobook was the best option. I stopped listening to them though, why? Well I'm not entirely sure, was it because they went out of fashion? Because they just started to get boring? Well I think that as my childhood has slipped away so has the utter joy of listening to these stories, quite often read by the authors themselves.

Emily said...

I completely agree!! I think I liked audiobooks the most because I took no effort on my part, not like reading, all i had to do was sit back and listen. I glad to finally find someone else who doesn't think it's weird to listen to stories while I sleep (although do get it's a bit of an oxymoron, but it's scientifically proven that your hearing is the last thing to go when you fall asleep!) Yeh I suppose that they did go out of fashion but I'd like to think that that wouldn't stop me from listening to them, I'm not sure it's the audiobooks themselves that get boring but I think that surely it's more about finding the right book? I hope that one day I might get back into them... who know. Thanks for commenting! Beka :)

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.