It's simple to join in all you have to do is:
1. Pick a song that you loved this week
2. Match it with a book
3. Grab my button
4. Link back to me
5. Leave me a link so I can see your post
So my song of the week you ask?
Safe And Sound, I'm kinda cheating here since it was actually in The Hunger Games movie but I think it goes so perfectly. I love this song.
wellWhy do I think it goes with THG? (CONTAINS SPOILERS)
I think it goes with THG because:
1. A deer appears all through the video and right at the start of the film Gale distracts Katniss while she's trying to shoot a deer.
2. It would have been the perfect song for Rue's Lullaby. Here's Rues actual Lullaby and it's very similar: “Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
And when it's morning again, they'll wash away
Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you.”
3. She has a Mockingjay pin
4. Lots of references to fire
5. Rue is crying and tells Katniss not to leave her and that sounds very similar to the start of the song
6. I can't remember if Katniss tells Rue to close her eyes but if she doesn't then she should have.
So what do you think of the song? Do you have a better one? And most importantly are you taking part in A Song On Sunday?
Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK