Ill Wind By Rachel Caine

Monday 2 April 2012


I've read two books in one day, I think that may be a record! Anyway on with the review. I picked up Ill Wind thinking it was a Young Adult book because the author wrote my beloved Morganville series. I was mistaken. I really need to start checking books out, I think this has been the third I've picked up and found it was adult. I didn't mind too much though.


Ill wind is about Jo Baldwin, she's a Weather Warden... on the run. A Weather Warden's job is to keep people by delivering the world of dangerous weather but that's easier said than done. Joanne is searching for Lewis, the only person she knows that can help her avoid the certain death that is approaching. One problem, he's also on the run after having stolen three Djinn's. So not only is he on the run but he is the most wanted man in the world - things couldn't get much better for Joanna - but if she's going to survive then she has to find Lewis. And fast. 

"Joanne Baldwin is a Weather Warden. Usually, all it takes is a wave of her hand to tame the most violent weather. But now, she's trying to outrun another kind of storm: accusations of corruption and murder. So, she's resorting to the very human tactic of running for her life...  Her only hope is Lewis, the most powerful warden known. Unfortunately, he's stolen not one but three bottles of Djinn-making him the most wanted man on earth. Still, she's racing hard to find him-before the bad weather closes in fast..."


I enjoyed this book mostly because I love Rachel Caine's writing style, I don't know what it is but I always love anything written by her. This was a good book, not as good as Morganville, but good. As it's the first book I didn't really get to know any of the characters well but I quite liked Jo and David. Lewis, to say he's the main part of the book, is hardly in it so I don't know how I feel about him just yet. Some parts of Ill Wind confused me slightly but by the end I got it. I am really looking forward to book two. I wouldn't reccomend this to younger readers but its a good read. I would give it 4/5 stars.


My favorite quote:
“People talk about nature as a mother, but to me she's always been Medea, ready and willing to slaughter her children.” 


Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

1 People dared to comment.:

Linda Romer said...

Ill Wind sounds like a great book. I liked your review and praise for the Author. I will definetly check it out. Thank you

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.