City Of Ashes By Cassandra Clare

Thursday 19 April 2012

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
Cover Rating: 3/5 Stars
Overall Rating: 5/5 Stars
Synopsis: Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go — especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil — and also her father. To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings — and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?


Once again Cassandra Clare has exceeded my already - impossibly high - expectations. I loved this book, I think it was better than the first. It's still not as good as The Infernal Devices but it's getting closer. City of Ashes made me love the characters first introduced in City of Bones. Clary is quite a good heroine and she's not too annoying, Simon on the other hand is slightly irritating. Clary and Jace are the ones that I desperately wanted to get together but since they found out they were brother and sister I doubt it will happen. One thing I don't get is why would they listen to Valentine? He is an evil psychopath so why would they just take his word for it? Someone call Jeremy Kyle, we need a DNA test! Jace I loved as I did in the first, he really reminds me of William Herondale (The Infernal Devices) he has the whole tortured soul thing going on.

I think the story line was a lot more fast paced than City Of Bones and all of the characters became a lot more likable. I wasn't sure about Alec in the first book but he is now my second favorite character with the epic Magnus Bane at third. Magnus is very hard to describe but I did like Simon's description "He's a warlock who looks like a gay Sonic the Hedgehog and dresses like the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang." Overall I loved this book and would recommend it to EVERYONE. I would give this book 5/5 stars and more if I could.

My Favorite Quote's (Lucky you 2 for 1)


“I don't want to be a man," said Jace. "I want to be an angst-ridden teenager who can't confront his own inner demons and takes it out verbally on other people instead."

"Well," said Luke, "you're doing a fantastic job.” 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“We came to see Jace. Is he alright?"

"I don't know," Magnus said. "Does he normally just lie on the floor like that without moving?” 



Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

1 People dared to comment.:

Ann Haines said...

I love this blog and to show how much I've nominated you for a Sunshine Award!!

www.annhaines.blogspot.com

xxx :-)

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.