At Grave's End By Jeaniene Frost

Wednesday 11 April 2012


Cover Rating: 1/5 (Not particularly appealing to me personally but each to their own)
Overall Rating: 5/5
Synposis: "It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield’s life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she’s successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat’s worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover’s finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger. As if that wasn't enough, a woman from Bones’s past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the crosshairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat’s about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she’s learned as a special agent won’t help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave."

This review will contain spoilers for the first two books. These books are my guilty pleasures, I don't know what it is about them but they never disappoint. I don't think there is one flat character. Cat is about as badass as heroines come and she can look after herself. Bones, a vampire with an English accent need I say more? I was slightly annoyed at Bones because he started to act so possessive but I forgave him because I understood his reasoning behind it. Cat's mother - yes I still hate her - but without her the books would be a lot less hilarious. At least her character had depth which can't be said for most parents in books (Twilight - Charlie Swan, a guy with a gun nothing more.) At Graves End answered a question that had been annoying me for a while. If Cat was a vampire hunter they all feared why did no one ever recognize her? Well they do now, all the vampires have heard of the dreaded 'Red Reaper'.

I love the way these books are written and even though they are adult books, which I try to stay away from, they are up there with my favorites. A new character emerged in this book and what do you know it's Dracula himself. Actually his real name is Vlad - maybe Dracula was just a nickname. I did like him though. I even began to like Ian who was the villain of the last book. You can tell an author is good when they make you like the bad guy. I would recommend this book to adults or mature teens who love Paranormal Romance. I would give At Graves End 5/5 stars.

My favorite quote:
“Get stuffed, don't you have more publicity stunts to pull?" Bones shot back. "How about chatting with another writer who can smear your name into greater popularity?" 
"What, did Anne Rice not return your calls, mate?" Vlad asked scathingly. "Jealousy is such an ugly trait.”  

 Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

0 People dared to comment.:

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.