Blood Feud By Alyxandra Harvey

Friday 30 March 2012

I picked Blood Feud up as a quick, light read and it was. Blood Feud is the second book in the Drake Chronicles series (see my review for My Love Lies Bleeding). Blood Feud follows different characters to MLLB. Instead of Lucy and Solange the point of view switched to Logan and a new character; Isabeau  St. Croix. 

Isabeau is searching for the evil vampire who turned her and then buried her alive during the french revolution. She is sent to the new queens coronation to try and form an alliance between hers and the Drakes clans. She then discovers that she is not the only one wanting revenge and they both have a common enemy, Montmarte. The one thing she didn't count on is meeting Logan Drake, personally my favorite of the Drake's. Blood Feud tells you about a different type of vampire, the hounds. If you liked the narrators of My Love Lies Bleeding don't worry they are still in Blood Feud.
Here's the synopsis:  


"It's been centuries since Isabeau St. Croix barely survived the French Revolution. Now she's made her way back to the living and she must face the ultimate test by confronting the evil British lord who left her for dead the day she turned into a vampire. That's if she can control her affection for Logan Drake, a vampire whose bite is as sweet as the revenge she seeks. The clans are gathering for Helena's royal coronation as the next vampire queen, and new alliances are beginning to form now that the old rifts of Lady Natasha's reign have started to heal. But with a new common enemy, Leander Montmarte—a vicious leader who hopes to force Solange to marry him and usurp the power of the throne for himself—the clans must stand together to preserve the peace he threatens to destroy."


I enjoyed Blood Feud quite a bit more than the first, maybe because I preferred the main characters. I now have a new favorite Drake as well - Logan. I finished Blood Feud in a few hours and liked it. This isn't the kind of series that makes you say wow but it's more of a simple unserious story. Blood Feud is highly predictable and I knew exactly what was going to happen from the beginning but it didn't bother me too much. I would reccomend this to anyone in need of a light vampire novel. I would give it 4/5 stars
What did you think of it?
Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

0 People dared to comment.:

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.