Chill Factor By Rachel Caine

Sunday 20 May 2012

Chill Factor
Cover Rating: 2/5 Stars
Overall Rating: 4/5 Stars
Synopsis: Weather Warden extraordinaire Joanne Baldwin, who protects the human race from monster storms, was killed, reborn as a Djinn, and then restored to her original form. She's been through a lot – and stuck her neck out many times – to save innocent lives. Now she is rolling the dice to stop an infinitely powerful, deeply disturbed kid from destroying the world... A teenager has holed up in style at a Las Vegas hotel with the most powerful Djinn in the world, planning who knows what kind of mischief. The Wardens' senior leadership is dead, Djinn are disappearing, and a secret society wants to help Joanne destroy the teenager, even if doing so kills her again. But everyone in Vegas has a game going, and Joanne has to learn the rules fast because the stakes have never been higher – and all hell is about to break loose...

Sorry this review is late but for some reason I haven't been able to work up the motivation to write it, no idea why but still. Anyway Chill Factor is book three of the Weather Wardens series and it's began to get a lot more interesting. Chill Factor takes place in Las Vegas so everyone's in the betting mood. Too bad most are betting against Joanne. Well she has died three or four times so I'm not sure I would put too much money on her. In this book you find out a lot more about Djinn and the way they work. That I liked because I am finding the Djinn very interesting. By the way Djinn are kinda like genies if you were wondering. The story line was clearer in this book than in the previous two. The action seemed more necessary also. I loved the development of the characters.

Kevin seemed less like a spoiled teenage boy and more like a weak, fragile child who was being taken advantage of by a very powerful Djinn. I pitied Kevin after all he'd been through but it didn't make me like him anymore than I already did. I didn't know what to make of Johnathan, sometimes he seemed totally insane but other times he seemed cold and calculating. All I know for certain is that it is not wise to get on the wrong side of him. Joanne I still like as much as before but I feel that she's a lot stronger. I'm very glad that Rachel Caine hasn't made the horrible mistake of making her rely fully on David. Speaking of David, I would have liked to see a lot more of him. He was barely in it. I still don't like Lewis but I've been told he gets more likable further on so I have not yet lost hope!

The Weather Wardens series keeps getting better and better and Rachel Caine has not disappointed so far. There was actually a decent amount of chapters in this book (compared to the 3 previously) so I had no complaint about that. I would recommend this book the people who like feisty heroines and also those who enjoy a unique twist on Urban Fantasy. I would give this book 4/5 stars and I'm eager to get into the next one in the series.

My Favorite Quote:
“God, it was hot! Forget about frying an egg on the sidewalk; this kind of heat would fry an egg inside the chicken.” 

Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

0 People dared to comment.:

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.