Wolfsbane By Andrea Cremer

Sunday 12 February 2012

Hello everyone, I'm finally getting back on track with my reading yaay. This review may contain spoilers for Nightshade if you haven't yet read it. I finished Nightshade ages ago so I thought I may be a little confused reading Wolfsbane but luckily the start let you catch up fast.

Wolfsbane follows alpha of her pack, Calla. She has escaped the evil keepers but to do so she had to leave her pack behind in the process. Calla ends up with the searchers instead. They have always been her enemies but when she realises everything that she has been told is lies Calla discovers that maybe the searchers can be trusted after all. But after making the ultimate sacrifice what will happen to her pack?
Here's the synopsis:

"When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer, one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive."

I liked and disliked Wolfsbane I really enjoyed the actual story and most of the characters were quite developed. So your wondering what I disliked about the book huh? One word. Calla. I found her character irritating and very under developed, then again I often hate the main heroines.  Remember this is my opinion you may love her. The only other negative was we didn't get enough Ren! There was a lot of characters I loved from Nightshade though, to name a few Bryn, Mason and  Ansel. In Wolfsbane we meet a whole new cast of characters, 'The Searchers'. These characters are also awesome, especially Conner. The Nightshade series finally has a hilarious character (Everyone rejoice!). I would give this book 4/5 stars, without some of the characters it would have been a lot lower. I would recommend this book to werewolf lovers.

My Favourite Quote:
"Oh, horrors, I've angered The Great One", Connor said. "Will I ever gain his forgiveness?"
Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

1 People dared to comment.:

Michael Cargill said...

Oooooooh, are you one of those book womens who hates womens in books?

I have never actually read a vampire or werewolf story before. Well, there is Stephen King's book Salem's Lot but that isn't really a proper vampire story as such.

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.