Musing Monday (6)

Monday 26 March 2012

I'M BACK WITH VENGEANCE! Yes that's right I have revoked Beka's blogging privileges (joking she can come back whenever she likes) and I really missed blogging. Lets have a round of applause for Beka for filling in for me. Anyway it's that time of the week again, the day that (nearly) everybody hates. Monday!  So that also means it's time for Musing Monday which is of course the highlight of your week. MM is hosted over at Should Be Reading.
Today's Musing asks:
Have you ever found a book out of the blue, read it, and then had it be surprisingly good — one that stuck with you for years? If so, what book was it?

My Answer:
Before I DieWell this is a hard one because I read a lot of books that stay with me but I think I would have to choose Before I Die by Jenny Downham. It's about a girl called Tessa who is dying from leukimia but she's determined to do everything on her list before she dies. These things include Drugs, breaking the law and becoming famous. I really enjoyed this book and I read it years ago. Somehow I hadn't even thought it was a sad book but the last few pages made even me shed a tear.


Synposis:
Tessa has just months to live. Fighting back against hospital visits, endless tests, drugs with excruciating side-effects, Tessa compiles a list. It’s her To Do Before I Die list. And number one is Sex. Released from the constraints of ‘normal’ life, Tessa tastes new experiences to make her feel alive while her failing body struggles to keep up. Tessa’s feelings, her relationships with her father and brother, her estranged mother, her best friend, and her new boyfriend, all are painfully crystallised in the precious weeks before Tessa’s time finally runs out.


What's your Musing Monday?
Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

1 People dared to comment.:

Miri said...

Welcome back, Emily :)

I have to say that this book sounds really great indeed. I'm totally going to take a closer look at it, thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.