Musing Monday (5)

Monday 19 March 2012

Hello everyone, time for Musing Monday! Hosted at Should Be Reading.

Today's question is:
Would you choose to review a book if its description sounded interesting but the cover was terrible?

My answer:
Well I have to admit I am guilty of judging a book by it's cover, It's one of the main things I look for in a book because you would think that if someone cared so much about a book then they would care enough to make the cover perfect. If the description was good enough I would ignore the cover. The only problem is I like to show the covers off on my reviews and who wants to see an ugly cover. Anyway I think I would choose to read it but I may not be as excited to read it.
So what's your Musing Monday?
Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

4 People dared to comment.:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more.. If I am reviewing it on my blog well YES I do want the cover to look good, that is part of a review for me half the time. I know I shouldn't but I have PTSD from an evil elementary librarian!
http://cabingoddess.com/2012/03/musing-mondays-march-19

Kwizgiver said...

I say the same thing... I'd take my time getting around to reading the book with the ugly cover. But I'm sure I'd read it. I'm a cover snob.

Theshortone08 said...

bahahah this is too funny!
I try to actually read the summery and whatnot before I look at the cover (try being the operative word), but sometimes when I'm at the library and a cover catches my eye i then read the summery.

I have a question though: What do you do when a cover looks so amazing but the story just sucks?

Emily said...

You buy the book and put it somewhere to show off the cover but never read it! :D

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.