Halfway To The Grave By Jeaniene Frost

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Hello everyone, this was my third book of the year and I loved it. The only downside was how dirty it was. Don't get me wrong I don't mind books that have small bits in but this kinda went over the top. I suppose the cover should have given me an indication of what was to come. Halfway To The Grave follows Cat, normal girl by day, vampire hunter by night. That is until she meets Bones, he kidnaps her and is going to kill her until he realises she's half vampire. So they team up, the ultimate vampire hunter duo.

"If Buffy and Angel had a daughter, she’d be just like Cat Crawfield, a vampire hunter with some vampire blood and an attitude.
Cat’s got a few skeletons in her closet… and some buried in the backyard.  The half-vampire is out to rid the world of these hideous night creatures, and when she’s captured by Bones, she realizes the master vampire has a few things to teach her. Teaming up with one of “them” wasn’t in her plans, but now that the stakes have been raised, she is faced with the most difficult fight of all…."

I really loved most of the characters in this book and that is really uncommon for me. The only character I could NOT stand was Cat's mum but I cannot reveal to you the reasons why without giving away half the story. Cat was quite a good heroine and as her values changed I liked her character more and more. When I reached the end of the book I was very annoyed. My second book this week with a ginormous cliff hanger. But on the bright side I can't wait to get the next book. I would not reccomend this book to anyone under the age of fourteen and even that I feel may be stretching it a little bit. But overall a grat read. I would rate this book 5/5 stars. Happy reading :D

My favorite quote:
“Charles,” Bones said distinctly. “You’d better have a splendid explanation for her being on top of you.”
The black-haired vampire rose to his feet as soon as I jumped off, brushing the dirt off his clothes.
“Believe me, mate, I’ve never enjoyed a woman astride me less. I came out to say hello, and this she-devil blinded me by flinging rocks in my eyes. Then she vigorously attempted to split my skull before threatening to impale me with silver if I so much as even twitched! It’s been a few years since I've been to America, but I daresay the method of greeting a person has changed dramatically!”
Bones rolled his eyes and clapped him on the shoulder. “I’m glad you’re still upright, Charles, and the only reason you are is because she didn’t have any silver. She’d have staked you right and proper otherwise. She has a tendency to shrivel someone first
and then introduce herself afterwards.”

Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

2 People dared to comment.:

Cortney Pearson said...

That's a great clip. I've heard of these, but haven't read them yet!

Emily said...

They really are awesome. I'm buying the second soon :)

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.