Nightshade By Andrea Cremer

Thursday 8 December 2011

Hello everybody, this is my first book review i really hope you are enjoying them. Nightshade is the first book of three in the new Nightshade series. Nightshade follows Calla a teenage alpha Werewolf (Guardian) who is set to be the alpha male Ren's  mate to form a new pack.  The Guardians are there to protect the Keepers - an ancient race of witches- from their enemy's the Searchers, but it soon becomes evident that the Keepers are not at all what they make out to be.

But when Calla saves the mysterious Shay from death she starts to doubt everything she has ever known. Shay starts to appear everywhere and he doesn't seem to want to go away. Of course he and Calla develop feelings for each other. As always with a love triangle fans of the book choose their team... So what team are you? Team Ren or Team Shay? For Calla her pack will always come first but the events that unfold will change her life forever. If that wasn't enough Nightshade details for you here is the synopsis:

"Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?"

It sounds totally awesome doesn't it? I really liked this book although some of the characters didn't have much depth to them, I found Calla a little annoying but that is just my opinion as I hardly ever actually like the female lead. I actually really loved Ren and i am still undecided about Shay. Luckily there is still another two books after this one to make up my mind. I would rate this book at 3.5/5 stars. Yes i had to go with a really awkward number. I really recommend this book to paranormal romance lovers who like a good story line. Put it to the top of your to-read list definitely. I hope you enjoyed my review and again please inform me of any books you would like me to review.

My favorite quote:
“Ren watched us as he leaned casually against the table, holding a pair of scissors. I'd never seen a classroom tool look so dangerous.”

E-mail me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

0 People dared to comment.:

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.