My Name Is Memory By Anne Brashares

Thursday 8 December 2011

Hello everyone, here is another book review for you to enjoy. My Name Is Memory is a novel that follows the life of Daniel, he has the gift of "Memory". Daniel has been reborn many times and his gift of "Memory" means that he can remember all of his past lives. Not many people have the gift but lots of people throughout the book are people that he has met before in other lives as other people. It all seems quite confusing but when you read the book it all becomes a lot clearer.

 Daniel is alone in the world, never wanting to let go of his other lives and live his present life. All through his lives Daniel has been looking for one girl Sophia, he has found her in many lives but has never been able to stay with her, but now he has his chance he met Lucy. She is Sophia reincarnated, he would recognise her anywhere. He wants to spend his life with her but some things are out of his control. If that was not enough information for you here is the synopsis:

"Daniel has spent centuries falling in love with the same girl. Life after life, crossing continents and dynasties, he and Sophia (despite her changing name and form) have been drawn together-and he remembers it all. For all the times that he and Sophia have been connected throughout history, they have also been torn painfully, fatally, apart. But just when Sophia (now "Lucy" in the present) finally awakens to the secret of their shared past, the mysterious force that has always separated them reappears. Ultimately, they must come to understand what stands in the way of their love if they are ever to spend a lifetime together."

My Name Is Memory is a captivating and memorable read. This book is beautifully written and the characters are well thought out. It is a little bit slow at the start but it soon speeds up and gets very exciting. There are two more books in this series but they have not yet been released, I will give you more details on this when i get them. I really cannot wait for the next book to come out. I really recommend this book to romance lovers. I would rate it 4/5 stars. Please look out for more of my reviews.

My favorite quote:
“Love who you love while you have them.  That’s all you can do.  Let them go when you must.  If you know how to love, you’ll never run out”



E-mail me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

0 People dared to comment.:

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.