One Foot In The Grave By Jeaniene Frost

Sunday 19 February 2012

Hello everyone, I'm reading much to fast at the moment! Yes this is like my fourth book this week. Anyway One Foot In The Grave is the second book in the Night Huntress Series. It is set four years after the first book, Cat Cr- I mean Special Agent Cat Crawfield is still killing bad vamps only now she's doing it for the government. She's left the badass Bones 'for his own good' but Bones being Bones has tracked her down and Cat finds it very hard to fight her feelings for him (who wouldn't? a hot vamp with an English accent would be very hard to resist). But now someones trying to kill Cat and she needs Bones to help her find out who it is. Many secrets are revealed and Cat finds out more about her family and what being a half-vampire actually means.
Here's the synopsis:

"You can run from the grave, but you can't hide . . .
Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She's still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind. Being around him awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline kick of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head—wanted: dead or half-alive—means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard she tries to keep things professional between them, she'll find that desire lasts forever . . . and that Bones won't let her get away again."

What to day about this book, well... Okay who am I kidding, I loved it. I know in my review of the first book I was a little negative because of the explicit-ness but I'm over it. I had forgotten that it wasn't supposed to be YA. Anyway I really did enjoy this book and although Cat annoyed me sometimes it was mostly because I was embarrassed for her. Some of the things she said were definitely cringe worthy. Yes I don't hate the heroine (or the hero). I pretty much liked all of the characters except Cat's mother but who does like her? She is so annoying. Parts of this book were totally hilarious and others VERY steamy (Chapter 32!). As with the first I wouldn't recommend this to anyone under 14/15. I would give this book 5/5 stars. Really whole numbers used to be rare for me! I need to read some bad books just to add in some variety. There will be another review soon of Shatter Me which I'm sure will be another 5 star review but until then I bid you farewell (Don't ask).

My favourite Quote:
“She's my kitten, and no one else's.” - Bones referring to Cat

Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

0 People dared to comment.:

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.