The Tower By Jade Varden

Thursday 7 February 2013

The Tower (Deck of Lies, #2)Series: Deck Of Lies #2
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery
Release Date: April 5th 2012
Source: Review Copy From Author
Overall Rating: 4/5 Stars
Cover Rating: 2/5 Stars - I may or may not have thought it was a Dalek when I first saw it
Synopsis: Death brings some families closer, but it’s ripped mine apart. I wanted to convince the police that they had the wrong suspect...but I never expected them to start suspecting me. Now, I have no choice but to keep searching for the truth, even if all my relationships fall to pieces around me. Someone is trying to make me look guilty. I never thought my mission to prove my own innocence would lead me to more family secrets. I thought I had already discovered the truth about myself. But every answer raises more questions, and everything I think I know is about to change...again. I have to find the truth, no matter how much it hurts -- before I get charged with murder. 

I started this book with huge expectations after reading and loving the first book. And did it meet my expectations? No. It exceeded them. The second book in the Deck Of Lies series has all the mystery and twists that drew me to the first book but they're multiplied ten times over. There is not a dull moment in this book and although the turns can make you slightly dizzy it's well worth it. It would be difficult to describe The Tower without giving too much away so all I'm going to say is that the plot this time around revolves around a murder case, some huge family issues and of course there is romantic aspects.

I have about the same opinion on the characters as I did first time around apart from two slight differences: One, I like Sawyer a lot more than I did originally and two, I do not like Owen. At all. At the end of the first book he was beginning to creep me out but now that feeling has been amplified. Rain grew on me and I began to like her way more than before. My problem was there wasn't nearly enough River, I missed him!

Overall the book is one of the best, most exciting mysteries I have ever read. Jade has managed to lure me into thinking I know who the killer is but then she blows it all out of the water and to keep me from guessing takes a very gifted author. The story building is amazing and the plot is seamless. I would recommend this to people who enjoy just the right mix of entertainment and mystery with of course the cliffhangers that I am beginning to associate with this series. I can honestly say it's one of the best self published books I've read.

My Favorite Quote:
“Lucy?” 
“Sure,” Sawyer smiled. “That’s the re­cep­tion­ist’s name.” 
Von Shel­ton charm.

Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

0 People dared to comment.:

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.