Rogue By Rachel Vincent

Sunday 7 October 2012

Rogue (Shifters, #2)Series: Shifters #1
Genre: Adult, Urban Fantasy
Release Date: April 1st 2008
Source: Bought
Overall Rating: 4.5/5 Stars
Cover Rating: 2.5/5 Stars
Synopsis: Okay, so cats don't always land on their feet. I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride, and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I'm working harder than ever, though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on- and off-duty. But not all of my mistakes are behind me. We're beginning to suspect that the dead are connected to a rash of missing human women and that they can all be laid at my feet--two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear...

I knew I was going to love this book because I had loved the first so much and it seems for once I was right. I loved it just as much as the last, maybe more. This book follows on from the first, Faythe has agreed to rejoin the Pride and in return her father has let her become an enforcer. The only ever female enforcer. But with that comes responsibility especially when the usual females in the Pride are normally treated as if they were made of porcelain. Then again Faythe has never been the usual female. She can fend for herself and will hurt anyone who says she can't. When Toms and human women begin turning up dead she knows it has something to do with her, and she has to do something about it.

As in the first book I still love Faythe! She is badass personified. I think she beat up more guys in this one that the last so that's always a plus. Faythe is very entertaining, witty and a total bookworm. Talk about challenging stereotypes, she has it all. I love her relationship with Marc though his possessiveness is really getting on my nerves. The minor characters are just as good. Seriously apart from Marc, I have no problems with any of the characters. Ethan has to be my favorite of her brothers though. There's something about him and his friend Jace that just radiates awesome.

This book is fast paced and the twists and turns will have you trying to puzzle the mystery out yourself. I must say, I figured it out before Faythe did but only by a few pages. The whole book is thoroughly entertaining and one of my favorite adult series'. I would recommend this rollercoaster ride of a book to anyone who likes adult urban fantasy with a very strong heroine.

My Favorite Quote:
“I laughed. It was just like Owen to make excuses for someone else’s shortcomings. Even fictional characters. Owen found my tendency to speak my mind “refreshingly honest,” and hailed Marc’s temper as “a deep protective instinct.” He said Ethan “thoroughly enjoyed life,” and that Parker “really knew how to have a good time.” According to Owen, we were all doing just fine, and all was right with the world.”

Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

4 People dared to comment.:

Elisa said...

oooh, this sounds like an awesome read! I remember your review from the first one and I put it on my TBR, but I think I am going to have to grab it soon. I really want to read something enjoyable and fun like that.

Alexia561 said...

Great review! Agree that Faythe is a great character, and I love that she's the first female enforcer. Need to catch up on this series, as Rachel is an awesome writer!

Emily said...

You really should read them. They're a fun read.

Emily said...

I'm glad you like them and I agree with the first female enforcer comment. Girl power :)

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.